EU and EEA applicants take part in the selection procedure applied to Bulgarian citizens and can be enrolled for studies subsidized by the Bulgarian government or for paid studies. In both cases, if the Bachelor degree diploma is issued by an institution outside Bulgaria it must pass a procedure for diploma verification. Applicants who doesn't have a good command of Bulgarian/English language but would like to study in a programme thought in Bulgarian/English, they can first join the 9-months preparatory course in Bulgarian/English language.
The applicants must meet the following criteria:
1. The applicant must hold a Bachelor degree with a minimum of 180 ECTS (or equivalent) for programmes with a duration of studies 1,5 or 2 years and a minimum of 240 ECTS (or equivalent) for programmes with duration of studies 1 year. The Bachelor diploma must be recognised by the Committee for Recognition of Higher Education Acquired at Foreign Universities.
2. Have a Grade Point Average no less than Good 3,5 on the Bulgarian system (corresponding to about 60 % of the maximum grade according to the grading scale of the country where the diploma was issued).
3. For International Business and Management, International Business and Economics, and Computer Science majors, the applicant must verify his/her English language proficiency by*:
- Presenting an internationally recognized certificate confirming B1 or higher level of language proficiency according to the Common European Language Framework
||FCE Min 45
- Passing an exam at UE-Varna.
*This condition does not apply to applicants from countries where English is an official language.