Quality and Expertise of Commodities, Master’s Degree
Mode of study
1 year; 1.5 years
The objective of the training is obtaining highly qualified preparation in the field of quality evaluation and examination of foods and beverages and industrial goods. Master’s degree students receive new knowledge in the field of the modern methods of analysis and examination of goods, harmlessness and safety of goods, quality management systems, certification of goods and services, customs control, storage, marketing diagnostics of goods, advertising, entrepreneurship and small business and consumer protection.
Graduates are able to find employment as executives and commodity experts in specialized companies for commodities and customs control, as well as in the development and implementation of quality management systems and certification of the goods and services; as quality auditors, customs inspectors, managers in the departments of marketing and logistics of goods in the manufacturing and trading companies, logistics and retail chains, tax inspectors and brokers in insurance companies and commodity exchanges.
- Commodities science of industrial goods;
- Standardization, Metrology and qualimetry;
- Commodities science of food commodities.
- Contemporary methods for analysis of commodities;
- Expertise of industrial commodities;
- Quality management systems;
- Trademarks and advertising of commodities;
- Certification of commodities and services;
- Expertise of food commodities;
- Commodities’ safety;
- Protecting consumer interests (elective);
- Contemporary forms of commercial business (elective).
Expected knowledge and skills after acquiring qualification:
The master graduates receive professional competences, incl.: fulfill managerial position in sales, logistics, marketing, testing and certification departments of companies; to carry out production, inspection and certification control; to build and audit systems of quality management; to conduct economic research, analysis and expert in the field of assortment policy, quality of goods, standardization and certification, protection of consumer interests and contractual policy.
The main key competencies that Masters acquire are: to identify and establishing falsification of goods; to implement various commodity expertises and control; construction, implementation and auditing of quality management systems; for planning and development of company’s advertising activities; development and legal protection of trademarks and geographical indications of goods; implementing systems and schemes for certification of goods and services; protection of consumer interests; exercise expert and evaluation activity in different areas in the lifecycle of goods.
Employment opportunities upon graduation:
Students who have completed educational - qualification degree "master" in "Quality and expertise of commodities' can eventuate as:
- Heads or experts in specialized companies for commodities control;
- Responsible staff for the quality of commodities;
- Consultants for the development and implementation for quality management and safety systems;
- Auditors and experts in the field of product certification and certification of management systems;
- Experts in commodity judicial, customs and tax expertise;
- Exchange and customs brokers;
- Managers in the departments of marketing and logistics of goods in the manufacturing and sales companies, in logistics and retail chains;
- Innovative managers and specialists in controlling;
- Brokers in commodity exchanges;
- Inspectors in tax and insurance institutions;
- Professionals in the field of protection of consumer interests and others.
Graduate students can continue their studies as PhD at universities or other research units in Bulgaria and abroad.