Accounting and Control, Master's degree
Mode of study
1 year; 1.5 years
- Financial Control
- Financial Analysis
- Financial Accounting
- Capital Company Accounting
- International Accounting Standards
- Professional Ethics in Accounting
- Master Seminar
- Financial and Monetary Balances (elective)
- Risk Evaluation and Internal Financial Control (elective)
- Transfer Pricing (elective)
- Tax and Social Security Process(elective)
- Business Combinations and Consolidations (elective)
- Bank Accounting and Budget Enterprises (elective)
- Insurance and Pension Business Accounting (elective)
- Managerial Accounting (elective)
Expected knowledge and skills after acquiring qualification:
The education in this programme broadens and deepens students’ knowledge in the fields of accounting, preparation and analysis of financial reports, risk analysis, financial and accounting control.
Employment opportunities upon graduation:
Graduate students have a wide range of opportunities for professional career in Bulgaria and abroad. They can pursue realization in the sphere of commerce, agriculture, hospitality and tourism, construction business, transport, industrial business, public sector budget sphere, pension work, social activities, financial controlling system, public sector, financial institutions (banks, brokerage organizations, insurance companies and etc.), governmental sector, and etc. Graduates are able to work as:
- accountants in all branches and activities;
- heads of financial accounting departments;
- financial consultants and managers;
- experts and methodologists of accounting and auditing;
- commissioners of audit; tax and custom inspectors;
- specialists and consultants in Bulgarian and international accounting and control companies;
- managers and owners of companies;
- secondary school teachers or university lecturers in Economics.
Graduate students can apply for the qualification of “Certified Expert Accountant” or for PhD programme in higher education institutions after completing a master’s degree.
The education in this programme broadens and deepens students' knowledge in the fields of accountancy, economic analysis and financial control. The curriculum includes subjects compliant with the requirements of International Accounting Standards.
The graduates have the opportunity to work as managers in all sectors of the economy (regardless of sectoral affiliation); in the financial and tax control system; in the National Audit Office, as financial auditors, in research organizations; they will be able to draw up and sign the financial statements of companies under Article 34 of the Accountancy Act, and to apply for CPAs (Certified Public Accountants) under Article 16 of the Law on Independent Financial Audit.