CALL FOR PAPERS
Diversity in bulgarian economic and historical development
29 – 30 September 2017, Varna
The Chair of Social Sciences and Humanities of the University of Economics – Varna and the Centre for Economic History Research (CEHR) are kindly inviting you to attend the scientific conference “Diversity in Bulgarian Economic and Historical Development”, which will be held at the University of Economics – Varna between 29th and 30th of September 2017. You can take part in the conference’s sessions with 15-minute presentation in one of the following thematic panels:
- Historical and economic development of the Bulgarian lands during Antiquity, Medieval Ages, Early Modern Times and Modernity, the interaction between local practices and external influences/contacts;
- Regional and national dimensions of the Bulgarian economy through the ages.
- Tradition and Modernity in the Bulgarian economic and historical development;
- The Bulgarian economic agents in the contact zone between the East and the West – varieties examples of economic activities;
- Studies and concepts on the Bulgarian economic history in a theoretical framework;
The working languages of the conference will be Bulgarian and English.
During the conference will be held a special session with discussion on the principles and the organization of a Bibliography on the Bulgarian Economic and Historical literature, which will be one of the main future activities of CEHR.
The Organizing Committee aims to publish the papers which will be presented during the conference by the end of 2016 in the Second volume of the Proceedings of CEHR. It is planned that the presented volume will be the first issue of CEHR annual. Since it will apply for referenced edition, the participants in the conference have to submit their texts in accordance with the following requirements:
- To include abstract in English after the title of the text (300-500 words);
- To add key words in English after the abstract;
- To indicate JEL classification. For details see here;
- To insert pictures, tables, diagrams and sketches (if applicable) in the text with numbers and annotations;
- To cite archival sources in footnotes;
- To use Harvard short reference system when citing information sources (see here);
- To use Streamlined System for transliteration when citing in Cyrillic (see here).
The deadline for submissions of proposals is September, 1 2017. The proposals must include short abstract which should not exceed 150 words. Applications should be submitted on CEHR’s site: (http://csii.bg/regformEn.html)
or to be sent to: email@example.com
The conference fee (non-refundable) of 15 Euro or 30 Leva (excluding transfer charges outside Bulgaria), should be sent to the following account:
BANK: CIBANK JSF
IBAN: BG 39 BUIB 9888 3129 2762 00
with a note: University of Economics, Department of Social Sciences and Humanities’ Conference fee on behalf of .... [Name of the participant]
All participants in the conference need to cover their own expenses during their stay in Varna.
Additional information for the conference will be provided on CEHR’s web-site: (http://csii.bg/home.html)
Prof. Ivan ROUSSEV, Dr.Sc.
President of the Organizing Committee
Assist. prof. Boriana ANTONOVA, PhD
Secretary of the Organizing Committee