|Programme "Computer science"
Educational and Qualification Degree Master
|Professional Field Informatics and Computer Science
Professional Qualification "Informatics and Computer Science"
|Study period - 1 / 1,5 years (3 semesters)
Mode of study - Full-time
- Purposes of the qualifications characteristics
The purposes of the qualifications characteristics are as follows:
- to outline the courses;
- to describe the professional knowledge, skills and competences;
- to improve the curriculum and the syllabuses;
- to describe job opportunities.
- Professional knowledge and skills
The programme develops knowledge, skills and competences in several areas of Computer science such as:
- Development and support of web applications and e-business systems;
- Business process modeling and automation.
- Data science.
- Mobile application development.
- Education in „Computer Science“
The curriculum includes courses such as: E-Commerce; .NET Web Development; Business Process Modeling; E-Finance; Server-Side Web Programming, etc.
The programme is available to study full-time. The students complete their studies by writing a master’s thesis or by passing a comprehensive state exam (by choice). Graduates are awarded the title „Master in Computer Science“.
- Job options
CS graduates have various job opportunities. Jobs directly related to CS degree include:
- Computer systems analyst;
- Computer systems administrator;
- Network designer;
- Business analyst;
- Information systems designer;
- Software developer;
- Web developer (front end and back end);
- Database developer;
- Database administrator;
- E-business systems developer;
- E-business systems manager, etc.
- Competencies acquired by programme graduates
Master graduates possess the following competencies:
Autonomy and responsibility:
- ability to establish administrative structures and to manage teams to solve complex problems in an unpredictable environment with a multitude of interacting actors and intermodal opportunities;
- demonstrate knowledge in operational synergies in managing changes in a complex environment;
- demonstrate creativity and innovation in the development of projects;
- initiate processes and organizes activities requiring a high degree of consistency;
- develop policies and demonstrate leadership qualities for their implementation;
- systematically and deeply evaluation of knowledge and identification of needs for new knowledge;
- demonstrated a high level of autonomy and ability to orient on complex content, using their own methods and approaches to controlling it;
- use of variety of methods and techniques for utilizing of complex curriculum;
- knowledge of rich notions and shows skills for conceptual and abstract thinking;
Communication and social competences:
- ability to present clear and accessible own ideas, formulations of problems and possible solutions to specialized and non-specialized audiences using a wide range of techniques and approaches;
- development and explosions of justified beliefs about social processes and practices and ability to arguing proposals for their improvement or change;
- speaking some of the most popular European languages;
- collect, process and interpret specific information needed to solve the complex problems in the field of study;
- integrate a wide range of knowledge and sources of information in a new and relatively unfamiliar context;
- make reasoned judgments and find solutions in complex environment of diverse interactions;
- demonstrate ability to adequately conduction and cooperation in business and / or professional sectors;
- ability to solve problems by integrating complex sources of knowledge in terms of insufficient information available in a new unfamiliar environment;
- ability to initiate changes and to manage development processes in complex conditions;
- engagement with important scientific, social and ethical issues arising in the course of work or training;